About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Day #122 - Rough Night, Strong Day

I wish I could figure out the cause of my knee pain, or, at least what makes it better or worse.  Last night the pain was much worse than it has been.  Most of the time now I wake up once or twice with knee pain, I get up, walk around, and then go back to bed.  Last night the pain kept coming back over and over again.  There's no rhyme nor reason to why some nights are bad and some are not.  Strike that, I'm sure it's something, but there's no pattern that I can figure out.

Anyway I was tired today, but decided right from the start that it would not be an excuse.  I had a business lunch that I had to go to and we had Chinese food.  I got shrimp and veggies.  I also had some fried rice and a spring roll (today was my high carb day so I was ok with that).  My usual Chinese fare is much more unhealthy so I felt like today's lunch was good compromise.

3 solid days in a row, I feel a trend forming.  It's great to be back at it, consistently eating well and now starting to feel well as well.  122 are now in the books, On to Day #123.

Stay Strong!

2 comments:

  1. Do you keep a food diary? In the absence of any other ideas, could you be reacting to some kind of food with inflammation in your knee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the food diary, and also note the weather. My pain links to sugar/sodium and weather fluctuations (pressure fronts). I hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete