About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Day #237 - Staying Accountable

I know I haven't been around lately, but I wanted to put a post out just to keep myself accountable.  My numbers are below...


Day 1 Starting Weight- 347
August 1 Weight - 318
Current Weight - 308
Weight Lost in August - 10
Total Weight Lost This Year - 39 lbs


Obviously it was a good month with 10 pounds being shed.  I've settled in to this new lifestyle of eating low carb and avoiding sugar.  When I started this change I was afraid that maybe I was a sugar addict and that any small amount would send me right back on the old path.  It turns out that's not the case for me as I've had small amounts of sugar here and there in August.  Each time I was not compelled to simply abandon my plan and easily went right back to it the next day.

All in all I'm in a pretty good place right now.  In July I had fallen off the wagon with the smoking but recently I quit again and switched to vaping.

As for the alcohol, I barely touch it anymore.  The need to drink on the weekends just isn't there.

Mentally I feel great.  I might not get to 100 pounds this year, but I'm definitely on the right path.  Someday I'll get there!

Stay Strong Folks!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds great! And I'm so glad to hear that you can eat a little sugar here and there, because I've thought about giving it up but hate the thought of never eating cookies or cake ever again. Makes me panic and binge eat! I guess we are all individuals in how we respond to things like sugar, some maybe can't have even a little but others can. One blogger I read keeps sugar intake below a certain amount per serving and has found she can tolerate that without backsliding, but no more than that. Others seem to have to give it up altogether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all fat loss supplements are the same, and we can help you sort through them to find the real gems, best fat burner for women 2016

      Delete
    2. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information. diet

      Delete
  2. So good to read your post FD !

    Well Done on the continued weight loss.

    As I type this on the 1st may I wish you a Happy September

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for posting. Also well done for the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey FogDog - I'm glad to hear that you're coming to some sort of equilibrium with sugar. I've got to figure out how to do that myself. Someday - but for now, I'm thinking that I've got to keep away for a while until I do more figuring.

    The other thing is your quote - "I might not get to 100 pounds this year, but I'm definitely on the right path." Love that. Something that I'm personally guilty of way too often is setting a completely arbitrary goal and then falling apart when I don't get there. The deal SHOULD be that it's the path and the journey, not an arbitrary destination by a given date.

    Keep on keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turns out that's not the case for me as I've had small amounts of sugar here and there in August weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  6. way to keep on the job of keeping on! Those small changes add up to tangible things. I can say over this year I've gone down on the scale and gotten stronger but I've been far better... but far worse too. Actually did my first 5k a little bit back!

    You dropping most of the alcohol, it's high calories and sort of empty.I try to enjoy some beer but also remember that it doesn't serve me in any big amounts except ruin my workout gains by putting back the fat I just burned off... right?

    be well.- Alan

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great to read about your progress! I'm currently 12 days into no sugar or simple carbs, and I feel great. I've been addicted to sugar my entire life and so I knew I and to do something to conquer that. At the moment I'm also omitting fruit and alcohol, as well as any sweeteners. I'm avoiding anything sweet to the taste on my palate so as to get over the desire. It's not sustainable (for me) eternally, but I'm just going for a huge boost.

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the reminder, i folow yur update through Healthcare and Fitness Blog am also observing the weight programs myself. just expecting to get a good result later. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wondering how you are... hope you come back for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the useful information I would suggest that you learn with this video. Be helpful and get maximum knowledge about the Pregnancy. This E-book'll suggest you : 3 week diet

    ReplyDelete