About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Epic Fail

I was 2 weeks into establishing my first habit.  All was going well; my goal was to simply change into exercise clothes after work every day.  Not only had I managed to change into workout clothes every day, I also managed to get quite a bit of exercise as well.  Then it all came crashing down and turned into one epic failure…


After completing two weeks I found myself heading to Pittsburg for a bachelor party.  I had a great time, but I definitely came home on Sunday quite tired.  Monday morning was rough as I was still recovering from a weekend full of late nights and unhealthy eating.  When I got home, I realized that I had forgotten that one of my daughter’s was at soccer camp; I needed to go get her at 7PM.  I grabbed a quick bite for dinner, took a quick shower and then headed out the door.  About halfway there I realized that I had forgotten to change into my workout clothes.


From there things only got worse; over the course of the next couple days I got severely depressed.  I kept thinking that if I couldn’t succeed at this very simple goal, how could I possibly do anything that would be difficult?  My depression turned into poor eating, lousy performance at work, and basically turning myself into a vegetable on the couch in the evening.


The week has passed now and I’m feeling better, but I need to start over.  I’ve decided that if I want to build healthy habits, I’m going to need to start at the beginning.  I need to start each day right, I need to start each day with a win.  One of my struggles as of late has been just getting myself out of bed.  The alarm goes off at 5:45AM and I usually get up, turn it off, and lay back down for at least a half hour and sometimes more.  I don’t have to be at work until 8AM, but I like going in at 7AM so I don’t have to stay late in the evening.  Lately It’s been all I can do to get to work by 8AM. 


As I look back at this horrible week I had, it dawned on me that every morning started off terrible.  When I get up on time then there’s time to think about what I’m grateful for.  When I get up on time I get to work early and have a stress free hour to get ready for my day.  When I get up on time I give myself a chance to have a good day.


So my new habit to focus on for the next 21 days is to get up when my alarm goes off.  I will do it every work day; on weekends I do not set my alarm (that will be my reward for completing each week). 


So that’s my new hait to focus on, but at the same time I also need to get myself back on the healthy bandwagon.  I’ve been eating terrible since the bachelor party and I have gotten no exercise at all.  What’s truly sad is that there’s a walking trail where my daughter has soccer practice.  She had practice every day last week and I was there for at least 2 hours each night.  One would have thought I could use the opportunity to walk, but all I did was sit there and play on my phone.


That same daughter today told me she’s worried that I won’t live to see her 18th birthday.  While I won’t pretend that it didn’t hurt to hear that, I will admit it has brought me a new level of motivation to accelerate my focus on becoming healthy.  Now mind you, I’ve come a long way, but I still have a long way to go as well.  It’s time to get back to business.  She practices twice week now for the foreseeable future and I plan to walk at least 30 minutes on those nights.  I also need to find other ways to stay active the rest of the week. 


I’m also going back to my healthy eating lifestyle; No processed sugar or carbs, lots of veggies, and plenty of water.  The first few days are always the hardest, but then I start to feel really good.  Once I get to that point I need to constantly remind myself just how bad I start feel when I stray in my eating.


Wish me luck as I reset.  Stay Strong!


 

41 comments:

  1. They experience the ill effects of: Extreme emotional episodes Aggressive nature and conduct Insomnia Supplements King Pro or rest unsettling influences Anxiety High levels of suspicion Feeling of elation Depression Personality changes The previously mentioned conditions happen in light of steroid manhandle.

    .
    For More Info Visit>>>>
    http://www.supplementskingpro.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask Questions and get answers about php, php help, php how to
    http://devfever.com/tag/php

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, reset and stay strong ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dirty little secret these past few months has been pulling into the gym parking lot after work, telling myself I'll just skim FB or Twitter for a few min to decompress, and then I never quite manage to get my ass out of the car & across that threshold...
    My ideal gym time has always been the lunch hour, but when you're too busy to GET a lunch hour, it's hard to get that workout in! (I hate feeling pressed for time to rush in, change clothes, work out, change back - if I don't get that full hour it's just not worth the added stress!)
    So I can relate, my physical condition has deteriorated & missing exercise is bad for my mental health too. Gotta come up with a better plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this. I needed this sort of reminder, telling me where there's a will, there'll surely be a way. I'm just starting on my fitness journey and I really look forward to everyday. Progression is slow, but as all fitness master would say, better now then never.
    Being fat and no knowledge with fitness whatsoever, I'm trying to soak in as much as I can online. Sometimes, I get so confused with just so many variations of diet plannings and workout there is.
    I've been reading and there's this one particular review I am thinking of trying it out with. At least, by far, it says it's a combination of proper dietary planning, workouts and most importantly suitable for beginner, though I am still not certain if it's as easy as it sounds. https://greatbigminds.com/best-diet-to-lose-belly-fat/. Would definitely appreciate a second opinion if you think this is something I could commit into or better yet you can recommend one that I could possible look into.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep em coming. Here's something I wrote too that I hope you'll find of value for your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your body cherishes it as Food Penther a result of all the simple to-devour calories it gives. Sugar is hyperpalatable, and that is actually what our mind needs and rewards for.

    https://foodpenther.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Percetakan Jasa Fotocopy Murah Cetak Buku Murah wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)
    1. Jasa Fotocopy Murah

    ReplyDelete
  9. The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Percetakan Jasa Fotocopy Murah Cetak Buku Murah wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)
    1. Jasa Cetak Buku Doa Umroh dan Haji

    ReplyDelete
  10. I simply want to tell you that I am new to weblog and definitely liked this blog site. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your blog . You absolutely have wonderful stories. Cheers for sharing with us your blog.
    cetak buku umroh haji
    cetak buku umroh
    cetak buku umroh haji
    cetak buku umroh
    cetak buku umroh
    cetak buku panduan umroh
    cetak buku murah cepat
    cetak buku umroh haji
    cetak buku umroh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Life-size BBW love dolls allow for a realistic sex experience.ラブドール The high-quality BBW sex doll brands on the market include 6YE DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  12. https://www.almohandez.com/%D9%83%D8%B4%D9%81-%D8%AA%D8%B3%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%A7%D9%87-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B6/

    ReplyDelete