About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Monday, May 4, 2015

Day #120 - Or is it Day #1?

I hadn't really noticed the days creeping up, but today marks 4 months since I started this journey.  I've had high points and low point but the thing I'm most proud about... I'm still here and I'm still fighting.

Today was my first day back at trying to eat healthy and lose weight.  It's been a little while; I actually treated it a little like it was back to Day #1.  Of course wouldn't you know it, the facility I work at had a catered barbecue for lunch!  Yes, another company function that I had to fight through.  I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

Around 1PM someone asked me why I didn't get any food and I told her I was trying to eat healthy and there was nothing healthy on the menu (except for fruit cup as a dessert).  This person (who is also overweight) said "Yeah I'm trying to eat healthy too, but what are you going to do?" Then she walked outside; I saw her later at her desk with a plate of unhealthy food that surpassed anything I've ever been able to accomplish at a buffet.  I smiled and I though to myself "What am I going do?  I'm going stay strong.  I'm going lose weight, and I'm going to win this battle with obesity".

I ate well all day, sticking to my plan and drinking my gallon of water.  My mother-in-law is in town and my daughter baked her a cake.  I did extremely well having only a sliver.  A very strong Day #120, on to Day #121

-Stay Strong! 

5 comments:

  1. Still here, still fighting! Great work today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Functions and parties are always really hard. It sounds like you're doing very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep fighting, and nice job with the BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Done on sticking to your plan.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Work functions are the worst! Our department seems to order food every single day. Being smack downtown it's all sorts of cuisines and choices. It's hard to continue sticking to the plan but it's worth the effort! Good job!

    ReplyDelete