About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Day #123 - Getting The Magic Back

I've lost that magic and I don't know how to get it back.  I can do well for a few days and then I fall flat.  This has happened to my countless times in the last few weeks.  I don't know what happened or exactly when, but I can feel it.  I don't want to eat healthy, I don't want to hold myself accountable, I don't even want to post at night.

I don't feel guilty about it either.  I just simply don't feel like being healthy. 

The good news is that I don't feel like smoking or drinking either, so for now I can still be proud about those things, but I can't be proud of my eating performance, especially today.

So what to do?  Nothing.  There's nothing to do.  I'm going to keep trying to do the best I can whether I feel like it or not.  If I only do well 1 day each week it's better than none.  If I can manage 2 days each week then that's better than 1 if I can manage... well you get the picture. 

I knew there would be ups and downs, but to be honest I didn't expect any downs that lasted weeks.  Of course why not?  I had several weeks of great behavior and performance, it only stands to reason that I should have some extended down periods.

On a side note, thanks to those who suggested a food diary and the weather for my night time knee pain.  I hadn't though of either of those things.  Here's to better days, on to day #124.

Stay Strong!

5 comments:

  1. I think your slump is probably mostly from dealing with frequent pain and constant sleeplessness. Keep holding on to what you have achieved so far and concentrate on getting your knee better. The getting healthy goal isn't going away any time soon, it will still be there when you are ready to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fogdog, My name is Colleen and I'm a northern transplant living in NC with my husband and 2 kids. I came across your blog while searching for inspiration and support for my own weight loss journey. I've got 170 to lose. It seems daunting, but I've just put myself out there in my own blog: www.thepickledginger.com

    Feel free to check in from time to time and offer feedback. I will be keeping tabs on you too! Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People say Garcinia Cambogia blocks your body's ability to make fat and it puts the brakes on your appetite. Learn more how does garcinia cambogia work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hold On In There FogDog ... PLEASE, you are so worth it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hold On In There FogDog ... PLEASE, you are so worth it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete