About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Friday, May 15, 2015

Day #131 - A little Off

It's been a few days since I got my cortisone shot in my knee and was able to actually get some sleep.  I still feel a little off, I keep waking up very early in the morning and then after lunchtime I feel like I can barely keep my eyes open.

I suspect part of the problem is that I haven't been eating well.  When I don't get enough healthy food I can really feel the difference.  I also haven't been drinking enough water.

I did decide to try taking SAM-e for the next month.  For those who don't know about it, it's supposed to improve mood, help with joint pain, and improve liver function.  It's not cheap, it costs about $1/day to take the dosage they recommend.  In Europe it's a prescription drung, but here in the USA it's considered a natural supplement and not regulated by the FDA.

Mrs. FogDog and I talked yesterday about getting back on the weight loss focus.  It's not that we've been eating like pigs, but we just haven't been eating healthy choices.  For example, tonight we had grilled hot dogs for dinner. 

The weekend is upon me and without the bathroom remodel I need a new project.  I guess I can start working on the adjacent powder room.  131 days down, plenty more to go, but for now I'll just look toward tomorrow.

Stay Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment