About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Day #118 - Turning a Corner

I've now had 3 nights in a row with "reasonable" amount of sleep.  I'm still waking up at night with knee pain but it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as it did before.  I'm completely off pain medication and I'm going to take it easy this weekend.  I think I've turned a corner and hopefully my knee problem will heal itself.

That's good because the last 2 weeks of April have been horrendous in terms of eating well.  I'm not making excuses, but when you feel exhausted all the time it becomes very easy to convince yourself that "it's okay" to eat unhealthy food.

This morning I went back into the dungeon to see just how bad these last two weeks have been.  If you remember, last week I refused to weigh because the Wii scale wouldn't take my weight.  I had similar thought today, but decided that I was just avoiding seeing how bad the results were. 

Ultimately things aren't quite as bad as I thought... Over the last 2 weeks I've gained about 5 pounds.  I can live with that; I have to live with it because the weight is there.

So now here I am, finally on the mend and taking a hard look at my options.  Assuming my knee continues to heal and I can get some sleep.  More to come tomorrow, until then...

Stay Strong!

[Photo: Flickr / Jlhopgood]

1 comment:

  1. Oh FogDog ... so pleased to hear this news, getting a reasonable sleep can make such a difference.

    Here's to even more healing with your knee.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete