About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day #128 - 5AM Feels Like a Record

Last night was my first after having a cortisone injection.  In the past 4 weeks I have not been able to get more than 3 consecutive hours of sleep without waking up with knee pain.  I was told by a few people (both in person and on this blog) that I shouldn't get my hopes too high because it can take a couple days to kick in.

Well, I went to bed last night at 10PM and slept straight through until 5AM; A full 7 hours of sleep! After 4+ weeks of sheer misery, this felt like a sleep record.  I woke up thrilled that I made it through the night, actually it was more like a deep sigh of relief.  My hope is that my life will now start to get back to normal.

Now it wasn't actually a perfect night.  Somewhere at around 4.5 hours I pulled my CPAP off in my sleep and I must have been restless because I was still very tired today, actually more tired than yesterday.  After lunch I closed my office door and hid out for the afternoon because I was in an awful mood and didn't want to have to deal with anyone out of fear that I would just go off on them.

I've also been reading up on SAM-e and trying to decide if I want to try taking it.  It's fairly expensive; it would cost me almost $1 each day, but if it helped with my arthritis and my mood then it would be worth it.  It's funny, we used to give it to our dog a few years back (recommended by a vet because my dog was having liver problems) and I never had a problem spending it on her, but now that I consider it for myself it feels too expensive.  Why do I feel that way?  Anyway if anyone has experience with SAM-e, I'd love to hear about it.

On to Day #129 and hopefully some normal.

Stay Strong!

5 comments:

  1. That's great that you had a good night's sleep! I find I can be more tired after one good night after a string of bad nights - just like I get thirstier when I drink a lot after my usual dehydration - I think my body has suddenly been alerted to the fact that there is more sleep/water available and wants more more more! I hope a few in a row will do the trick. I haven't heard of SAM-e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't think I've slept that long straight through in over 20 years. I'm envious! Well, not of the knee pain and all that... just the sleep. *ahem* I hope you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lose weight juicing? Yes! You most certainly can and will lose weight by juicing. The weight you lose will depend on how long you juice and what you juice. Check out the juicing for health recipes!

    ReplyDelete