About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Day #140 - Seeing the Impact

Today I got a lot of work done in the bathroom.  The tiles are all cut out and ready to go n the floor.  I wish I could say I did well with eating but that wouldn't be true.

Though my mood is much improved and I generally feel better, for some reason I'm still struggling with weight loss.  Today I was thinking a lot of my struggles has to do with not being able to see the impact from my eating...

If I decided to quit my job today, it wouldn't take long before I would run out of money.  If I didn't find a new way to make money very quickly I would likely lose my house and my family would suffer.  In this case it's very easy to see the impact of my decision to quit my job.

However, when it comes to not eating healthy, the impact isn't so easy to see.  Does that candy bar after lunch cause me to have a heart attack 3 years from now?  Does the extra helping of mashed potatoes keep me from living a quality life?

I think that's a big part of the problem; each individual choice on it's own doesn't have a significant impact, but all the bad choices together can be significant and possibly life threatening.  It's hard for me to frame it this way, I tend to look at each action as it's own individual choice with it's own consequence.  The truth is it's not the individual actions that hurt, it's a sum of the whole. 

Stay Strong!

1 comment:

  1. I've been following your blog for a few days.
    Your blog is really good with quality contents.

    pure cambogia slim

    ReplyDelete