About Fogdog's Weight Loss

STARTING OVER (AGAIN)...

Through failure we learn to succeed! This is a blog about fighting back. It's about picking yourself up off the floor, dusting yourself off, and getting right back in there. It's about holding yourself accountable, having the right mindset, and learning to live a healthy lifestyle.

I have failed more times than I can count. I've reached a point in my life where I've decided that giving up is no longer an option. I've decided to devote 360 days toward my health and well being in the hopes that I can turn my life around.

Join me as I take the journey and try to stay on the path. Learn from me through my successes and failures, and help me learn from you. As one blog I am weak, but as a community we are very strong. Let's Succeed Together!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Day #144 - Taking a Page From My Daughter's Book

My daughter has been playing recreational soccer since she was in pre-school.  This year she decided to try out for the competitive travel team.  This was her first time doing something that was not guaranteed success; only 12 players get selected.  They had three sessions and she attended all of them.  After her first session she was confident as they spent a lot of time demonstrating their footwork and shooting skills, two things that she does quite well.

The second practice was a different story.  Most of the session was a scrimmage on an extremely small space.  Most of the time was spent watching kids try to out-maneuver each other in very little space or defenders just kicking the ball as hard as possible because the opposite goal was only about 20 yards away.  My daughter prefers to play position in open space and she tends to shy away from hard kicks so she struggled.  After practice she had a meltdown because she thought that she wasn't going to make the team.  I told her that she basically had two choices, she could shake off the bad practice and do her best in the last session, or she could just give up.

Session #3 went much better, and she even did well in some of her weaker areas.  Tonight we got the call that she made the team!

I took her out to celebrate and made sure to point out that part of the reason why she made it is because she didn't give up.  Funny how I can coach her to keep on fighting but it's a struggle to remind myself sometimes.  I've been going at it for 144 days.  I've struggled some; especially in the last 40 or so day, but I still haven't given up.  I hope I can get to the end of this year and see the same success my daughter saw today.

Congrats Liz, I'm very proud of you!

Stay Strong!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! You already are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much delighted that I came across your blog.
    Your blog is really awesome.

    pure cambogia slim

    ReplyDelete