About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day #119 - Back to Basics

Another good night... only woke up 1 time with knee pain.  Words cannot begin to describe how I'm feeling now that I can sleep again.  I still have a way to go to get back to feeling 100% but for now I'll take what I can get.

So now I'm ready to get back on track with my healthy eating.  I did some damage over the last two weeks; I won't be able to get those weeks back, but I can get back on track right now.  To get back on track I'm going right back to what was working for me.  I'm going back to carb cycling, two low carb days for every high carb day plus my one unrestricted day.  No calorie counting, and no measuring portions; I know what healthy eating is. 

For now I won't worry about the exercise, I want to get back on track slowly and I don't want to risk re-aggravating my knee again, but occasionally I will walk again at lunchtime as it helps clear my head and keeps me in the game.

Better days are ahead for me, I can feel it.  The re-start begins tomorrow morning.

Stay Strong!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are getting some decent sleep! Exhaustion makes everything in life so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well in your re-start plans.

    Keep Focused.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete