About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Day #136 - Do We Really Help Each Other?

There are times when I read other blogs and get inspired about things.  I love to see different points of view as it helps me to expand my own knowledge and sometimes helps break through my perceptions.  However, there are also times when I read other blogs and I just shake my head.  Some are full of excuses, others have rationales as to why things aren't going well.

So what do I do when I read someone making excuses or I think they are being full of it?  Usually, I roll my eyes and then move on.  Sometimes I offer some encouragement, but very rarely do I call that person out.  I used to, but then I started to see just how defensive people get.

Now I'm not claiming to be perfect and I can make excuses like the best of them.  However, if you go through all my blog post comments, you will rarely find one that calls me out.  You'll see a lot of platitudes and you'll see lots of encouragement, but when did we all stop calling a spade a spade?  Are we really helping each other by sugar coating the truth?

If you are reading my blog, then please feel free to call me out when you think I'm full of it.  Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings, I'd rather be offended and learn something then have people try to make me feel better.  I'm also going to try to be more honest with my feedback; I apologize in advance if that bothers you, but you know what they say, feedback is a gift.  You can choose to accept that gift or you can choose to send it back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Another strong day; 2 mile walk, stuck to food plan, but only half my water.  I'm actually looking forward to getting on the scale on Saturday.  Stay Strong!

3 comments:

  1. I once asked someone to stop commenting on my blog because they kept pushing their particular diet plan on me over and over, as if it would solve all my problems. Now maybe it would, and I was ok with them offering their advice a few times, but not so many times when I obviously didn't want to jump on that bandwagon. They were just trying to be helpful, I know, and probably frustrated that I wasn't willing to follow their advice, but they didn't know when to let it go.

    So my advice to you is to be honest (nicely) but don't harangue people who don't agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think encouragement can be more helpful ... but we all comment as we feel, read what we are interested in.

    We come across peoples blogs and something catches our attention - sometimes we may not be too sure what it was.

    I don't comment all the time - I may not read every post, but I am interested in your journey.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think encouragement can be more helpful ... but we all comment as we feel, read what we are interested in.

    We come across peoples blogs and something catches our attention - sometimes we may not be too sure what it was.

    I don't comment all the time - I may not read every post, but I am interested in your journey.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete