|FogDog (AKA Trixie)|
A Little About Me
I'm 42 years old and married with 3 kids (all girls). I have a degree in Electrical Engineering and I'm a Maintenance Manager for a Fortune 500 company.
My hobbies include home improvement, investing in the stock market, and I love Texas Holdem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be a professional hockey player and a psychologist (how's that for a combo). I played all sorts of sports through high school and I'm fascinated with how the brain works.
Diets I've Been on
- In middle school I was at risk of not being allowed to play rec football because of my weight. My parents put me on a grapefruit and hard boiled egg diet for 3 weeks. I lost enough weight but felt sick the whole time. I still can't drink grapefruit juice
- By college I was around 280. I worked my first summer at the campus cleaning dorms. My diet was instant oatmeal for breakfast, no lunch, and then lots of carbs for dinner. I also stayed in the dorms right near the running track so I would alternate jogging/running laps after work. I actually lost about 25 pounds during the summer
- Shortly after college my wife and I moved to NC. It was our first time in a bigger city and we ate out constantly. I topped out at 349 before my mom suggest the 6 week body makeover. Without a doubt it was the most successful diet I ever did, I lost almost 30 pounds in those 6 weeks. Unfortunately I couldn't ever replicate because it was so restrictive, but this was the first diet where I learned about eating lots of small meals instead of 3 larger ones.
- When I started blogging, my diet was my own creation focusing on low fat and having a balanced diet. In 5 months I lost 26 pounds
- Currently I am doing carb cycling. I'm using Chris Powell's plan, but modified to suit my style.
Why I Blog
When my kids were a little younger I coached youth soccer for 4 years and a basketball for 3 (I never played either one of those sports as a kid). During that time I realized that I truly enjoy helping others learn new things.
I decided to start a blog hoping that I could share what I know with the world and possibly help others. I chose weight loss because 1) I have a great deal of knowledge about the topic 2) I need to lose weight and thought this would help hold me accountable, and 3) There are a lot of people out there who want to lose weight
In the future I hope to also start a blog about investing and personal finance, but for now I only have enough time for this blog for now.