About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day #9 - Not A Perfect Day

This is going to be a short post as I'm tired and want to go to bed early.  Not my best day, but no guilt because things happen.  Like yesterday, I had corporate visitors at work so no walk at lunch and lunch was brought in for us.  Also like yesterday I didn't do to bad eating only my sandwich, a bag of chips and a cookie.  I got my gallon of water in and I chose not to bring snacks knowing I was going to have lunch from Panera.

The day was fine, but I think my mistake came from not bringing snacks.  By the time I got home I was starving and I only had 5 minutes before having to bring my daughter to basketball practice.  I had about 4 ounces of chicken and some veggies before rushing back out the door. 

The 5 minute dinner didn't stick with me and I was starving yet again when I got home from basketball.  That's when I broke into the leftover Chinese food.  I was so hungry I ate it cold; probably about 500 more calories than I should have.

Some takeaways here?  First, I need to bring my snacks even if I know I'm going out to lunch.  I do my best when I eat every 3-4 hours and it does no good to skip just because I had more calories earlier in the day.  Second, I need to keep the temptations out of the fridge.  The Chinese was from Sunday's unrestricted day; I should have tossed it out.  Lastly, I need to forgive myself and get right back at it.  Tomorrow's Day #10 and it's a new day to start fresh.

-Stay Strong!

2 comments:

  1. Lessons learned, now move on! :-) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the exact same problem when I skip something. It trips me up. The key for me in making sure I have options to not skip, even if they're not totally appealing. :)

    ReplyDelete