About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day #14 - Burning Calories the Old Fashioned Way

I burned a lot of calories today... I worked really hard.  I bent over, I twisted, I got on my knees, I got back up, I got on my knees again.  For 2 days straight I have been working incredibly hard remodeling a mustard color room.  Today I installed a brand new ceiling fan to replace some tacky track lighting.  I also painted all the trim, mounted all the new door hardware for 3 doors, and finished the first coat of paint on those doors.  I can't remember the last time I got up and down so many times in a day; I hate painting trim.  I feel exhausted and sore, but I also feel pride.  Pride that I'm not just laying around for another three day weekend.

It's funny, as I was working today I couldn't help but think about how easy our lives have become.  In the old days, people didn't get on their horse and buggy and ride in to town to find a Gold's Gym and hit a treadmill for an hour.  They worked! they worked hard every day.  They walked where they needed to get.  They pushed and pulled and lifted on the family farm.  They didn't have to worry about being overweight because they burned a ton of calories everyday.  Oh how soft we've become.

Tomorrow I have to finish painting the doors, the walls, and install all new outlets in order to call the project complete.  It's going to be tight but I'm going to do my best.  Sorry for the short post but I promised the family a movie tonight.  Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Stay Strong! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been super busy and productive! Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on doing the room! I'm sure it feels great to get that done!

    ReplyDelete