About Fogdog's Weight Loss

STARTING OVER (AGAIN)...

Through failure we learn to succeed! This is a blog about fighting back. It's about picking yourself up off the floor, dusting yourself off, and getting right back in there. It's about holding yourself accountable, having the right mindset, and learning to live a healthy lifestyle.

I have failed more times than I can count. I've reached a point in my life where I've decided that giving up is no longer an option. I've decided to devote 360 days toward my health and well being in the hopes that I can turn my life around.

Join me as I take the journey and try to stay on the path. Learn from me through my successes and failures, and help me learn from you. As one blog I am weak, but as a community we are very strong. Let's Succeed Together!

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day #14 - Burning Calories the Old Fashioned Way

I burned a lot of calories today... I worked really hard.  I bent over, I twisted, I got on my knees, I got back up, I got on my knees again.  For 2 days straight I have been working incredibly hard remodeling a mustard color room.  Today I installed a brand new ceiling fan to replace some tacky track lighting.  I also painted all the trim, mounted all the new door hardware for 3 doors, and finished the first coat of paint on those doors.  I can't remember the last time I got up and down so many times in a day; I hate painting trim.  I feel exhausted and sore, but I also feel pride.  Pride that I'm not just laying around for another three day weekend.

It's funny, as I was working today I couldn't help but think about how easy our lives have become.  In the old days, people didn't get on their horse and buggy and ride in to town to find a Gold's Gym and hit a treadmill for an hour.  They worked! they worked hard every day.  They walked where they needed to get.  They pushed and pulled and lifted on the family farm.  They didn't have to worry about being overweight because they burned a ton of calories everyday.  Oh how soft we've become.

Tomorrow I have to finish painting the doors, the walls, and install all new outlets in order to call the project complete.  It's going to be tight but I'm going to do my best.  Sorry for the short post but I promised the family a movie tonight.  Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Stay Strong! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been super busy and productive! Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on doing the room! I'm sure it feels great to get that done!

    ReplyDelete