About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Friday, January 16, 2015

Day #12 - Good and Bad

The week has been a mix of good and bad.  When I made the decision to try and change multiple things about me at once, I knew that inevitably some things would go better than others.  Above everything else, I told myself I need to refrain from smoking.  If I can refrain from smoking and lose weight as well, that much the better, but even if I can keep from gaining weight while I quit smoking that would still be an accomplishment. 

This week I came out of my funk but I struggled a little with eating.  I'm still smoke free which is great and I can say that after 12 days the cravings are becoming rare.  However I've slipped a little here and there with food; mostly in the evenings.  I have managed to keep drinking water, but I suspect that when I weigh in tomorrow I will see myself giving back some of those 12 pounds I lost.  No worries though, it's a long road filled with bumps.  I can't get all worked up over a few minor bumps here and there.

-Stay Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment