About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Monday, January 12, 2015

Day #8 – Just Another Monday

I promised myself I would post everyday even if I didn’t feel like it; today is one of those days.  Not a bad day in terms of being healthy, but not a stellar one either.  I forgot that we had corporate folks at the facility today and tomorrow.  This means working lunches and no time to go walk.  I managed to get all my water intake in and I ate reasonably at the lunch.  The problem is that today is supposed to be a low carb day.  Hard to do when the lunch is sandwiches and chips.  I guess I could have just picked the meat off and skipped the chips, but I didn’t.  I probably could have skipped the oatmeal cookie as well, but I didn’t.  Afterward I told myself that not every choice has to be perfect and then I let it go.  In the afternoon I skipped most of my snack due to high calorie content at lunch and instead just ate my vegetables.

My mood is greatly improved from last week.  Whatever funk I was in has passed and I take great pride in recognizing how I felt last week.  More importantly I told myself that it would pass (and it did) and I didn’t let it become an excuse to avoid being healthy.  Now I feel better and I didn’t waste a week feeling sorry for myself.

Day is in the books; on to Day #9

Stay Strong!

2 comments:

  1. You're doing this deal, FD. The ability to adjust the plan on the fly and be okay with it all, is imperative. Excellent maneuvers! Self-awareness---recognizing it--feeling it--- acknowledging it-- that's big stuff. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FD, I'd say that beating yourself up and getting stuck would end up being more damaging than your lunch in the long run so great job on recognizing and moving on. The days are going fast! Bring on Day 9!

    ReplyDelete