About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Day #84 - Fighting the Most Common Excuse

I've read a lot of blogs and I've talked to a lot of overweight people.  Without a doubt one of the most common times people make excuses about not doing well is when they are sick.  Being sick takes a lot out of you and you don't feel like yourself.  Quite often it usually results in doing things that we know will make us better (like eating poorly).

When I went to bed last night I suspected I was coming down with something.  This morning I woke up and I knew I was sick.  I don't get sick very often, but when I do it's usually a bad cold and I spend 2-3 days in a total fog.  I don't think today was the worst of it so I'm expecting full force sickness tomorrow.

Today was also my unrestricted day for eating so at least I didn't have to worry about that.  I didn't eat great and I didn't eat terrible either.  I did not do well on my water, but I had plenty of orange juice!  I was planning on working on my bathroom today, but being sick, I decided I would put my best foot forward for the week and spend the day resting.

The last thing I want to do right now is a lose a week of healthy eating and weight loss to being sick.  I know the next couple days will be rough, but I'm thinking of it as a test.  I want to come out the other side having stayed on my path despite being sick.  Remember, no more excuses.

On a different note, this marks 2 consecutive weeks without drinking...my success is building.

84 Days in the books, On to Day #85.

Stay Strong!

1 comment: