About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Day #73 - Official Trend

You may have heard the saying "Two data points don't make a trend".  Statistically that's true, but Three data points does start a trend.

Today is my third day of trying to remain consistent.  I ate healthy again and got my gallon of water in.  I had a horrible day, but didn't feel horrible because I chose not to.  Feeling bad when things go bad is just another way that I find excuses to go off plan.  Not today.  The only thing I didn't get in today was a walk at lunchtime; it was cold and I only had 30 minutes so no time to go to the mall.  I can live with that.  I definitely have a nice trend going; a trend towards consistent healthy living

Today I'm enjoying my consistent healthy behavior, but I also have a watchful eye on the horizon.  Soon the weekend will be here and with it the desire to drink and then ultimately eat poorly.  I've been on this road before and it's real easy to get caught up on the shoulder and end up in the ditch.  This is where the consistent part needs to come into play.  It's OK if I'm not perfect over the weekend, but drinking alcohol and eating chips and dip Friday or/and Saturday night just puts me back at the beginning.  That's not consistency.

The weekend will be my first big test and I think I'm ready for it.  No need to worry about it right now though, I need to just focus on tomorrow.  On to Day #74.

Stay Strong!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it. :) You'll find your level of moderation with things too, when you can enjoy them without going crazy with them and setting yourself back. I'm always amazed at how much EASIER it gets to stick on track once you actually get on track for a couple days. It's downright weird, really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gets so much easier with discipline FD, keep charging full speed ahead, you are doing so great!

    ReplyDelete