About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day #63 - Some Monumental Exercise

Not a Cloud in the Sky!
What a beautiful day!  Almost 60 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.  I'm getting excited about spring.  Anyway, we have the in-laws visiting and since the weather was nice we took the opportunity to go into DC.  I got a lot of exercise walking around, first we walked to the Washington Monument (and learned that you need to get there really early to get tickets to go into it), and then we went to the National Air and Space Museum.  All in I think I walked close to 5 miles (and I was definitely feeling it at the end).

By the time we finished, it was 2:30 in the afternoon and I was starving since I hadn't had anything since breakfast.  My wife was smart enough to pack us lunches so we wouldn't have to stop somewhere to get fast food (thumbs up to Mrs. Fogdog).

I didn't get as much water as I should have today, but all in all it was a pretty good day.  I only ate 3 meals which is not really my traditional eating style, but I made do with a house full of family. 

The weather says it's going to be nice weather all week long and I'm officially on vacation.  Bathroom demolition starts tomorrow;  It's going to be a great week!

Stay Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment