About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Day #66 - What a Difference!

Last night I tried taking an Aleve PM to help me get through the night without waking due to joint pain.  I could not believe the difference in how I felt this morning!  I did wake up once in the nights with some knee pain but was able to fall right back asleep without it bothering me.  I woke up this morning and I felt great! I can't remember the last time I felt so good.  All the stiffness and soreness was gone.

I had read somewhere that joint pain and sleep can be a catch-22; you need good rest to help your joints to recover so the won't hurt, but the pain keeps you from getting the good rest.  From how I felt this morning I have to agree

I bought both the Aleve and the Aleve PM.  I figure I'll take the PM version when I really need some deep sleep and just the regular PM for the normal aches and pains.  I like that it's 12 hour so it gets you through the night.

Anyway, from the remodel side, I finished installing the backer boards and I went out today and bought the tile.  I'm all set to start tiling tomorrow; it's going to be a long day because I want to get it all done and let it all set for a day before grouting.

Though the remodel is going well, I didn't do so hot eating today.  Usually when I'm home it's easy to stay on target because there's nothing but healthy food here, but today I made several trips out to the hardware store including once at 5:30PM.  that was enough to convince my wife to stop and get pizza.  I only had 2 slices so I guess that's something to hang my hat on, but I really should be avoiding that stuff altogether.

All in all it's been a decent week, but in terms of my mental state it's been a great week.  I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I absolutely hate my current job.  Being out for a week has done wonders for my mental well-being, but the thought of going back to work on Monday makes my stomach turn.  Mrs FogDog and I agreed that we would fix our health situation first before moving again, so I have a little more motivation.  If I want to get out of here, I'll have to meet my goals!

On to day #67

Stay Strong!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment