About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Weigh-in #8 - 1/2/10

I hope everyone had a great New Year!

Starting Weight: 297 lbs
Last Weigh-in: 287.5 lbs
Current Weight: 292.5 lbs
Weekly Loss (Gain): (5)lbs
Total Weight Loss: 4.5 lbs

This one is a couple days late as I've been experiencing PC issues.  Not a good week at all though I suspect much of the gain is not real.  I've been on vacation for the last week and I tend to retain water when I'm not on my normal routine.  We'll find out next week.  Again I am back into the 290's, this is extremely frustrating for me.  Although I started this blog only recently, I've actually been losing weight all year.  I started 2009 at 320.  You would think that breaking under 300 would be a significant hurdle, but not for me.  In the first 5 months I dropped 30 pounds and got to 290.  The next 7 months have been spent working to get below 290 only to bounce back up above 290.  Over the remainder of the year I have gotten into the 280's nine times only to return above 290 shortly after.  It's really starting to annoy me!

Anyway, this week starts a brand new year.  I'm excited to get going and drop the weight.  Last year I lost 30 pounds so this year I want to do the same.  Good luck to everyone else out there who's trying to drop some weight.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back, hope you had a marvelous holiday. I've begun to work on my 2010 goals (weight losing being #1 on the list). I've joined a writer's lbs off group with similar goals . . . the link is on my cooking blog if you'd like to check it out.

    ReplyDelete