About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Journal Update - 1/31/10

Typically I have been only making journal entries once a week on Fridays (just before my Saturday weigh-in), but I've noticed that my journal entries are starting to get longer and longer.  So I'm going to try to get out 2 journal updates a week, one after the weekend and one at the end of the week. 

All in all it was a pretty good weekend for me.  If anyone read my last journal entry they know that last week was a tough week for me.  On Saturday I weighed in and actually gained 0.6 pounds.  I also woke to 8" of snow on the ground. 

After weighing in, I decided to go downstairs and get a good workout in.  In my workout plan I told myself that I would not miss workouts, but if I did I would make them up on the weekend.  Last week I skipped both of my elliptical workouts and Friday's strength training workout.  I started with making up my strength training workout, and when I was done with that I decided to continue on and make up one of my elliptical workouts. 

After breakfast I went outside to shovel.  We got 8" here in VA (a lot for this area) and I had to shovel my entire driveway by hand (about 100 feet long).  By the time I was done I was feeling pretty beat but happy with the amount of exercise I got for the day.  At lunch my wfe made these healthy little pizzas.  They were really good; I'm going to share the recipe on this blog sometime this coming week.

Sunday came and I needed to get another workout in.  For some reason I really needed to make up for all my slack last week.  I got my elliptical workout in before breakfast and the I felt great.  I think it was the sense of accomplishment for making up all the missed workouts that really got me going.  Anyway, after breakfast I had to go out and shovel again (only 1 inch this time and then I had to clean up where the plow came through) so I got another 30 minutes of exercise in.  Then we took the kids to a winter carnival.  I behaved myself; no junk food and I brought water and apple slices to hold me over.  After that we went out for lunch for our weekly cheat meal.  Again I did well; we went to a buffet and I ate 1 plate of salad, 1 plate of entrees, and 1 small dessert.  I also drank water.

I am really happy at the moment and I feel like I'm getting my mind back on track.  By the way I also haven't smoked all weekend so I'm definitely getting a boost from that accomplishment as well.  I also think the blog and the blog community are helping me out.  By having to write it down I'm definitely thinking things through, and the support from others as well as reading other people's blogs helps to remind me that I'm not alone with these problems.  In fact, Esther wrote a neat little article talking about "thinking" all the time.  I was as if it was speaking to me when I read it.  Go check it out right here.

I've also picked up a few more followers recently:

Not of This World has just started a weight loss blog called "Chubarella"

TJ Has a blog called "The Fat Chick's Dating Manifesto".  Even if you are not a single female looking for dating advice, she's got a cool writing style and makes for interesting reading.

Eat to Live has a fairly new blog called "Eat to live in 2010".  Lately ETL has started to see how powerful and supportive the blog community can be.

Brad has a blog called "Adaptive Biggest Loser 2010".  If you are into competitions like the biggest loser, this might be blog you want to check out.

Anyway, thanks to each of you for following my blog.  Good luck on each of your journeys.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I have just found your website and really enjoyed with all of your content, I have a similar website but it is just a new one. I want to add you link to my website if you let. and I will be really glad if you add mine.
    I will be surprised to hear yes from you...

    my website: http://rapidweightlossdiets.biz
    my mail: tina.marke [a-t] gmail [dot] com

    Best regards,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete