About Fogdog's Weight Loss

STARTING OVER (AGAIN)...

Through failure we learn to succeed! This is a blog about fighting back. It's about picking yourself up off the floor, dusting yourself off, and getting right back in there. It's about holding yourself accountable, having the right mindset, and learning to live a healthy lifestyle.

I have failed more times than I can count. I've reached a point in my life where I've decided that giving up is no longer an option. I've decided to devote 360 days toward my health and well being in the hopes that I can turn my life around.

Join me as I take the journey and try to stay on the path. Learn from me through my successes and failures, and help me learn from you. As one blog I am weak, but as a community we are very strong. Let's Succeed Together!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Simple Oatmeal and Blueberries

I'm starting with this recipe because it is really simple and an awesome way to start your day:

1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
5/8 cup water
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 tsp honey
1/8 cup 1% milk

Combine the water and frozen blueberries in a small pot.  Bring to a boil, then add the oatmeal and stir for 1 minute.  remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.  Put in a bowl and then drizzle on the honey.  Add milk (to thin it if you want) and enjoy.

Calories - 300
Fat - 4.5g
Protein - 7g


What I find amazing about this breakfast is that it is such a small amount of food, but it will keep you full for a long time.  Even if you are not an oatmeal fan I recomend trying this as the honey and blueberries make it nice and sweet.  I have this most mornings with a cup of coffee (about 100 calories).  It's a great way to get going and only takes about 10 minutes to make

1 comment: