About Fogdog's Weight Loss

Don't Focus on the Goal...

If you've followed this blog you know that I've struggled for many years with improving my health. I've finally reached a point where I've managed to maintain a small amount of success. Now it's time to take the next step, but I believe it requires a new way of thinking.

Instead of trying to get healthy, why not shift focus toward learning how to build healthy habits instead. Follow me as I try to teach myself how to Engineer healthy habits that will allow me to take my health to the next level. Let's see where this experiment goes!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Ground Rules for my Weight Loss Journey

The first thing I probably need to do is lay down the ground rules for this journey:

1. I am going to lose this weight through good old determination. Eating right, exercising, common sense, and support from family and friends are the only tools I will be using. No pills, surgeries, or other weight loss “tricks” will be employed.

2. I will NOT be using any specific diet plan such as Atkins, South Beach, Etc. I do not believe in “diet plans” (though I’ve been on dozens of them in the past). There will probably be several posts that talk about why I believe diets and diet plans don’t work.

3. My starting weight is 297 as measured on a Wii Fit Scale. I’m going to weigh myself typically on Saturday morning and report my results each week.

4. Should one of my appendages be severed, it will be weighed and deducted from the starting weight (hey you never know).

5. It is my intention to continue reporting on this until I reach my goal. As I have success, I will share it and when I fail I will also share that as well. I am not so naive as to believe there will never be bad times through this process. When I have setbacks, I am going to put a lot of focus on analyzing the failure so that I can learn from it and prevent it from happening again (it’s the engineer in me). I welcome others to participate in this process as well!

6. I’m going to try to write at least 3-4 times each week, but don’t hold me to it. I’ll probably write a lot more here in the beginning as I share some of my past as well.

7. I welcome and will try to respond to all constructive feedback. I know a lot about weight loss, but even with my knowledge, I still struggle with the mental focus needed. If you have a comment, please post or email me directly at FogDog77@gmail.com.

8. I will absolutely NOT make any excuses. I will have good times and bad times on this journey. I do not believe in excuses, I am 100% responsible for all that happens to me good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment