"A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step" - Laozi
And so it begins…
I woke this morning with a smile on my face. It’s time! My transformation begins today; I got up this morning and jumped on the scale…
August 24, 2014 – 347.8 Pounds
So now that I’ve started I’m going to share my plan. It’s a work in progress since I just recently decided to accelerate my start date.
I recently read Chris Powell’s Book – Choose More Lose More. I’ve read a lot of books about weight loss; but not many have resonated with me as much as this one. I think what I liked about it was the majority of discussion was devoted toward the mental aspects of transformation. The rest of his book, including the plan really was a little vague and open to interpretation. Exactly what I need!
I’m going to give carb cycling a try. I’m committing to doing it for 3 months and then I will evaluate. I’m following Chris Powell’s “Turbo” plan for the first month an I’m also making some tweaks here and there to suit me and my style.
Some Key Points about My Plan
- I will be eating 5 meals each day of roughly equal calorie count spaced out evenly
- I am targeting each meal to be about 300 calories on low carb days and 400 calories on high carb days
- Low carb days will be on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- High carb days will be on Wednesday, and Saturday
- Sunday is a free day to eat any way I choose
- Every 3 weeks I will spend the 4th week doing all high carb days
- I will try to drink a gallon of water every day
- I am committing 15 minutes each day to exercising and I will add 5 minutes each week until I get to 1 hour
- Exercise will consist of both cardio and strength training
- No matter how much I don't want to exercise, I will always complete at least 10 minutes each day
- I will meditate 10 minutes each day in the morning
- Each morning I will remind myself that I can do this
- At the end of each day I will rate my performance (for the day only) and hold myself accountable
- I will continue to blog and seek support from my family and friends
- I will continue to make small promises to myself that support my new lifestyle; I will keep those promises
- I will limit my goals and limit how much I track progress and instead I will focus on taking it one day at a time
Now, I will set some goals and I will talk about tracking results and calorie counting in future blogs, but for now what more do I need? I’m motivated and I’ve made the commitment; I’ve taken my first step; I'll see you in a 1000 Miles!