I’ve also managed to get up and workout at 5AM in the morning. Those that know me would probably relate this to a small miracle. I am not a morning person, never have been, and probably never will be, but If I don’t get up this early and workout before work, I’ll never be consistent because I work late a lot and I have 3 kids that require my attention for their extracurricular activities. The workouts were only for 15 minutes, but I was drenched with sweat by the time I was done. It felt good
I haven’t really thought ahead too much, and I think that’s a positive sign. Usually I’m already thinking about my first weigh-in. I haven’t even decided how often I’ll weigh-in, if at all. Well that’s bull, I’ll have to weigh-in sometime or I’ll probably go mad, but for now I’m not worried about it. I really do just want to try to focus on one day at a time.
Some Positives in my first 3 days of healthy living
- I didn’t eat like a pig on Sunday just because I could (it was my unrestricted day)
- I haven’t felt hungry or miserable
- The workouts felt good
- My mind isn’t wandering away from the here and now
A couple negatives
- I am a little sore from working out
- I can’t believe how many trips you take to the bathroom when you drink a gallon of water each day!
And Lastly, a couple of observations
- Last night I was actually craving a big juicy apple!
- My phone beeps to remind every three hours that it’s time to eat. Although I’m not feeling hungry during the day, I do notice that when it’s time to eat, my mouth is watering (don't tell Pavlov)
- I was feeling a little more fatigued by the end of today, compared to yesterday. Tomorrow is a high carb day with a meal target of 400 calories; I think that’s a good thing for me.