8/24/14 Starting Weight: 347.8 lbs
Last Weigh-in: 319.2 lbs
Current Weight: 315.9 lbs
Period Weight Loss: 3.3 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 31.9 lbs
I have a confession to make... If you read my last post you know that I struggled early in the week leading up to a small binge on Wednesday evening. On Thursday morning I couldn't contain myself; I needed to know how much damage I caused. I got on the scale and it said I had gained 3 pounds! Now I knew that a lot of that was just water retention; when you drink 8 pounds of water each day and then eat some salty snacks in the evening, you are bound to hold some extra water.
My last post was all about me mentally preparing myself for my first gain since I started. I've said it before, weight loss is not linear and I know that I've personally derailed myself many times from that first week that the scale doesn't agree with you. Much to my surprise, I did not need the preparation (well, just yet anyway). I had no idea that two days later I would be 6 pounds lighter! Clearly I was retaining some water from earlier in the week. This is a great example of how the scale can fluctuate wildly just over the course of a couple days.
- Stress is triggering some bad eating habits
- Not enough exercise
- Lost control a little on Sunday (unrestricted day)
- Got on the scale on Thursday because I was struggling
- I made a great recovery after struggling early in the week
- Played basketball with the kids 3 times for some fun exercise
- Still drinking plenty of water
- Learning from my mistakes instead of letting them beat me down
[Photo: Flickr / Alan Cleaver]