This is an expansion of my last post in which I declared that I'm done focusing on losing weight and instead I am shifting my focus to living a happy, healthy life. Though the difference can appear subtle, but it's fairly significant from my mental perspective.
Here's a comparison of my old and new way of approaching the problem:
Old Plan - Focus on losing weight
- Carb cycle 6 days a week - Eat 6 times a day with no carbs on "low" days and some carbs on "high" days
- Unrestricted day on Sunday
- Drink a gallon of water every day
- Weigh-in every week and record on spreadsheet
- Blog every day for accountability
- Try to avoid processed foods and refined sugar
- Try to eat a wide variety of foods that I enjoy
- Eat only when I'm hungry; stop before I'm full
- Practice awareness eating and slow down
- Drink water when I'm thirsty
- Weigh-in once a month
- Blog when I have something to say
It just wasn't working, I wasn't happy, I had to try something completely different.
I've been following this new plan for the last 10 days and I feel great. I feel like a weight has been lifted off me. I might not lose weight as fast this way, but I'll be happier through the process.
More to come
[Photo: Flickr / Bryan Wright]